How to Use This Site

For Chinese-learning newbies, this site shows Chinese characters (Hanzi) and their alphabet-based pronunciation (Pinyin). Use the Blog Archive (on the left sidebar) to navigate to the different lessons. Note: Your first lesson in speaking Chinese should be Tones (click here). Also remember: the letter "q" is pronounced as "ch" and the letter "x" is pronounced as "sh" while the letter "c" sounds like "ts." The pronunciation for the letter "e" sounds like "uh" while the letter "o" sounds more like "wuh" --- Crazy, eh? :-)

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Casual Talk (Part 1)

Just between friends...

你怎么样?
Nǐ zěn me yàng?
How are you? (informal)


你好吗?
Nǐ haǒ ma?
How are you?

我想念你.
Wǒ xiǎng niàn nǐ.
I miss you.


好久不见。你好吗?
Hǎo jiǔ bú jiàn. Nǐ hǎo ma?
Long time no see. How are you?

你身体好吗?
Nǐ shēn tǐ hǎo ma?
How's your health?


要注意身体啊。
Yào zhù yì shēn tǐ ā.
Take care of yourself.

你家人好吗?
Nǐ jiā rén hǎo ma?
How's your family?


我只想问好.
Wǒ zhǐ xiǎng wèn hǎo.
I just want to say hello.

如果你忙,我不会麻烦你了.
Rú guǒ nǐ máng, wǒ bù huì má fan nǐ le.
If you're busy, I will not bother you.


再见,有空联系。
Zài jiàn. Yǒu kòng lián xì.
Bye. Contact me when you are free.

1 comment:

ChineseQuest said...

Nice Blog, I'll be following. I'm much more of a beginner than you. You should get a Pinyin IME, it would be easier to read. I have a link to one called Pinyinput on my new blog. It's very easy to use: Wǒ huì shuō yī diǎnr Zhōngwén.

http://www.chinesequest.blogspot.com