How to Use This Site

For Chinese-learning newbies, this site shows Chinese characters (Hanzi) and their alphabet-based pronunciation (Pinyin). Use the Blog Archive (on the left sidebar) to navigate to the different lessons. Note: Your first lesson in speaking Chinese should be Tones (click here). Also remember: the letter "q" is pronounced as "ch" and the letter "x" is pronounced as "sh" while the letter "c" sounds like "ts." The pronunciation for the letter "e" sounds like "uh" while the letter "o" sounds more like "wuh" --- Crazy, eh? :-)

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Introducing Myself (Part 1)

(Note about Pinyin: Wo3 is Wo in the 3rd tone; ming2 is ming in 2nd tone, etc.)

我的名字叫文森.

Wo3 de ming2 zi jiao4 Wen2 Sen1.

My name is Vincent.

我来自美国.
Wo3 lai2 zi4 Mei3 guo2.
I am from America.

我是一个软件工程师.
Wo3 shi4 yi1 ge4 ruan3 jian4 gong1 cheng2 shi1.
I am a software engineer.

我住在北京.
Wo3 zhu4 zai4 Bei3 jing1.
I live in Beijing.

我在天津工作.
Wo3 zai4 Tian1 jin1 gong1 zuo4.
I work in Tianjin.

我一直在中国两年.
Wo3 yi4 zhi2 zai4 Zhong1 guo2 liang3 nian2.
I have been in China for two years.

我非常喜欢中国.
Wo3 fei1 chang2 xi3 huan Zhong1 guo2.
I like China very much.

我可以讲一点点中文.
Wo3 ke3 yi3 jiang3 yi1 dian3 dian3 Zhong1 wen2.
I can speak a little bit Chinese.

我想学习汉语.
Wo3 xiang3 xue2 xi2 Han4 yu3.
I want to study Chinese language.

你可以教我吗?
Ni3 ke3 yi3 jiao4 wo3 ma?
Can you teach me?

No comments: