How to Use This Site

For Chinese-learning newbies, this site shows Chinese characters (Hanzi) and their alphabet-based pronunciation (Pinyin). Use the Blog Archive (on the left sidebar) to navigate to the different lessons. Note: Your first lesson in speaking Chinese should be Tones (click here). Also remember: the letter "q" is pronounced as "ch" and the letter "x" is pronounced as "sh" while the letter "c" sounds like "ts." The pronunciation for the letter "e" sounds like "uh" while the letter "o" sounds more like "wuh" --- Crazy, eh? :-)

Friday, March 2, 2007

Introducing Myself (Part 2)

(Note about Pinyin: Wo3 is Wo in the 3rd tone; ming2 is ming in 2nd tone, etc.)

在美国我住了二十五年.
Zai4 Mei3 guo2 wo3 zhu4 le er4 shi2 wu3 nian2.
I lived in America for 25 years.

我出生在菲律宾.
Wo3 chu1 sheng1 zai4 fei1 lu4 bin1.
I was born in the Philippines.

我毕业于加州大学.
Wo3 bi4 ye4 yu2 jia1 zhou1 da4 xue2.
I graduated from the University of California.

我有硕士学位.
Wo3 you3 shuo4 shi4 xue2 wei4.
I have a Master's Degree.

我主要是电脑科学.
Wo3 zhu3 yao4 shi4 dian4 nao3 ke1 xue2.
My specialty (or major) is Computer Science.

我公司是美国软件公司.
Wo3 gong1 si1 shi4 Mei3 guo2 ruan3 jian4 gong1 si1.
I work for an American software company.

公司总经理.
Wo3 gong1 si1 zong3 jing1 li3.
I am the director (or general manager).

我的办公室设在天津.
Wo3 de ban4 gong1 shi4 she4 zai4 Tian1 jin1.
My office is located in Tianjin.

No comments: